At a special press conference on October 19, the team of Manager magazine presented the finalists in the 10th, anniversary edition of the Manager of the Year competition. Among the managers who reached the contested part of the competition are the directors of Dundee Precious Metals Chelopech EAD and Dundee Precious Metals Krumovgrad EAD – Dr. Eng. Iliya Garkov, and Tim Kurt – Executive Director of Aurubis Bulgaria.
The ten nominations were nominated by more than 70 senior managers, who this year successfully passed the second stage of the competition, after an impartial evaluation on a number of indicators according to the methodology of the consulting company Deloitte specially developed for the competition. The final phase of the competition is coming up, in which the candidates for Manager of the Year will be able to demonstrate their personal qualities. The winner will be announced on November 10 at the National Opera House.
Some interesting facts about the competition:
- 71 business leaders, people who achieve some of the highest results in their industries, submitted documents. This year’s participants are 19 more than last year, which shows the growing interest in the competition and its anniversary edition.
- 56 managers join the competition for the first time. Among the contenders for the crystal statuette are four finalists from previous years.
- The statistics of men – women is again in favor of the stronger sex. There are 15 women, which is 21% and significantly higher than the average presence of women on the boards of companies in Bulgaria.
- Candidates for Manager of the Year work in 15 different industries. Most – 13 are in the field of information technology and outsourcing, as well as trade. A record number – 11 are participants in mechanical engineering, automotive and electronics. The presence of the construction industry, advertising and marketing, insurance, transport and logistics is also serious. These statistics accurately highlight some of the most dynamically developing sectors during the year.
- Foreigners this year are relatively small – 11%. This shows that Bulgarian companies are already having serious results, and that global corporations are increasingly trusting in the management of Bulgarian managers.