Periodic press of the Bulgarian mining specialists (chronology)
Списание "Mining & Geology Magazine - Industry historiographer
More than 90 years ago, the first attempts were made in our country to publish a periodical mining magazine, but all of them failed at the very beginning. For instance, in 1925 the only issue of the Mining magazine was printed. On October 1, 1935, the issue of Works on the Bulgarian Mining Industry magazine with editor in chief eng. Georgi Konstantinov, who was replaced by eng. Georgi Vasilev after his death. By 1939, 10 issues had been printed. In 1945 a daily on politics, public and cultural life was published in Pernik with editor-in-chief Luben Zhirov. From the beginning of March to the end of June, 16 issues were published, which were printed in Sofia in the People’s Press. The editorial staff is probably not able to find the support it needs, because after June the daily ceases to exist. In December 1946, the first issue of the “Information Monthly Bulletin” – an organ of the General Directorate of Natural Resources and State Mines in Sofia, was published. The issue is printed in cyclostyle. The editorial staff is composed of specialists – mining engineers Boyan Nedev and Dimitar Ivanov and mining technicians Hristo Malinov and Peter Baltadzhiev. At the beginning of 1947, the magazine received the necessary assistance from the Directorate-General for Natural Resources and continued to be published under the same name. From issue 7-9 / 1947 it was renamed Bulgarian Miner, which is an organ of the Ministry of Electricity, Water and Underground Resources – Directorate Mining Administration, quarries and mineral waters. Together with the bulletin, 10 issues have been published the same year.
From the beginning of 1948 the magazine is called Miner as an organ of the Ministry of Mines and Mineral Resources. 10 issues were printed. From issue 3-4 / 1949 it was renamed Mining magazine. It has been published under this name until 1959. Between 1949 and 1950 were issued 10 issues, in the period 1951-1954 – 12, and in the next five years – 6. During all these years, Mining magazine is subordinated to different departments. In 1949 and 1950 it was an organ of the Ministry of Industry, in 1951 – of the Ministry of Heavy Industry, and at the time of issue no. 2/1959 – of the Committee on Industry and Technical Progress. From January 1960 the magazine was renamed again and began to be published as Mining and Metallurgy, an organ of the Committee on Industry. It goes by that name until 1963, during which it was the departmental edition of the Committee on Chemistry and Metallurgy. At the beginning of 1964, Mining and Metallurgy was divided into two magazines: Mining and Metallurgy; body of the Committee (subsequently the Ministry) on Chemistry and Metallurgy, and Coal – the issue of the Committee on Energy and Fuels (subsequently the Committee on Energy). In both magazines the co-publisher is the science-technical union in mining, geology and metallurgy. Mining and Metallurgy magazine was published as a separate edition in 12 issues from 1964 to the end of 1965. In 1966, it underwent a new division – the Mining Magazine; dating from 1966 to 1984 as an edition of the various departments to which the mining operation is subject and Metallurgy magazine; which continues its own path to this day. The coal and mining divisions, which were divided as such by industry, existed independently until 1984. In the beginning of 1985, they were merged with the departmental edition of the Energy Committee in the Mining Magazine. Since 1991 the magazine has been published under its current name Mining and Geology, and by the middle of 2015 it was published by Zem’93 OOD, where the companies from the branch are partners. Since the beginning of 2016, the publisher of Mining and Geology magazine is the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology, which also registers the trademark.